The Internal Relations Officer of the Simon Fraser Student Society is an elected full time executive director position responsible for the day to day management of over 50 staff of Simon Fraser University’s undergraduate student union. During this period I standardised annual leave and sickness notification, implemented absence tracking, commenced collective bargaining with the employee’s union, and oversaw the management of the campus pub, copy centre and coffee bar.
● Developed new work rules, entitlement tracking system, and scheduling systems from previous ad-hoc procedures.
● Standardised human resource practises by adapting modern hiring, performance review, and discipline procedures to the work place's unique unionised environment.
● Spearheaded rehabilitation of the Society's print centre by reducing losses by over $120,000 CAD per fiscal year.
● Coordinated all levels of management including Board of Directors, General Managers, Supervisors, and workplace leaders to improve Society morale.
● Managed employee development and actively coached in specific areas including IT.